I’m an Associate Solicitor having qualified in 2012. I joined Wollens in 2022.
I deal predominantly with contentious probate and trusts litigation. I’m a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and I’m one of only a handful of lawyers in the South West with this accreditation.
I also specialise in sports litigation and sport related dispute resolution and am instructed by professional sports people, sports clubs and sport agents.
I gained valuable experience in the South East in both private practice and the public sector and I take a practical and sympathetic approach towards my clients, but I understand the need to navigate disputes in an efficient and proactive manner.
I consider myself to be adept at digesting complex legal problems providing practical and easy to understand advice. I’m an advocate of alternative dispute resolution believing it is a vital tool in resolving disputes amicably and proportionately. I’ve also litigated from County Court to the Court of Appeal, and I’ve worked closely with eminent KC’s.
My notable cases include:
- Instructed by a defendant in a multi-million-pound probate/ trust dispute revolving around sham trusts and syphoned funds.
- Instructed by a claimant company in High Court (Chancery Division) proceedings for a purported breach of a Sale and Purchase Agreement relating to deferred payments.
- Instructed by a claimant in challenging the validity of a will in light of undue influence, pleading proprietary estopel in the alternative.
- Instructed by defendant LLP for alleged breach of a Quistclose trust / investment agreement following a multi-million pound investment by an investor.
- Instructed by a claimant in The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 litigation on behalf of an adult child, omitted from her mother’s will.
- Instructed by a claimant seeking to rely on section 116 Senior Courts Act 1981 to pass over executors due to past/ historical conduct towards the claimant beneficiary.
- Instructed by an individual claimant in respect of an urgent freezing injunction application in the High Court (King’s Bench Division) in aid of contemplative proceedings outside of the jurisdiction.
- Instructed to deal with Rule K Football Associaiton Rules arbitration.
- Instructed in High Court football agent ‘commission’ dispute.
- Instructed by professional cyclist in a breach of contract claim.
I’ve been recognised in the Legal 500 as a Next Generation Lawyer.
Outside of work I enjoy all that the Devon countryside has to offer. I’m a keen amateur cyclist, and I enjoy cooking and spending time with my young family.