Accident & injuries at work
Accidents at work can be caused by failure to follow health and safety rules and laws. If you suffer such an accident, the impact can be damaging to your ability to work as well as putting practical, emotional and financial strain on you and your family.
If an employer has caused you to suffer injury or illness, you may be able to seek compensation.
There are many different accidents that can happen in the workplace. They can include:
- Manual handling accidents- from lifting or manoeuvring heavy goods or equipment
- Falls- from ladders, ramps, gantries, scaffolds, roofs…
- Accidents resulting from defective equipment/machinery- blunt saws, weak drills, unguarded blades, unsuitable equipment for the job.
- Slips, trips or falls- at your own workplace or on site.
- Construction site accidents- whether you are an employee or a contractor.
- Accidents caused by the fault of another employee
- Injuries to your sight, taste or hearing.
- Injury or disease caused by working conditions- dust, dirt, toxins and solvents, exposure to substances or processes, like vibrating tools, that injure your health.
- Injuries from repetitive tasks, drilling, hammering, typing all day in an unsuitable environment, or with unsuitable equipment.
Your injuries may have stopped you from being able to carry on with everyday life. You will also have to deal with the physical pain of the injury and, any loss of income if you are unable to work.
If you have suffered an accident at work within the last three years, contact us to discuss whether you may be able to claim compensation.