loading icon

Civil partnerships

Home » Services » Family law » Civil partnerships

Civil partnership agreements

The law now affords the right for both same sex couples and opposite sex couples to enter into a civil partnership.  If you are considering a civil partnership, then one of our experts would be happy to advise you.

If you are contemplating a civil partnership, then you should consider whether you have a pre-registration agreement to protect your financial assets, in the event of a later relationship breakdown.  This will be treated in the same way as a pre-nuptial agreement .

Civil partnership dissolution 

If you want  to dissolve a civil partnership, then you will need to apply to the court for a dissolution order. 

You will need to demonstrate that there has been an irretrievable breakdown of the civil partnership and we can advise you how this needs to be evidenced. 

Dissolution proceedings proceed in the same way as a  divorce  and, once started, either civil partner may be entitled to financial support  from the other. 

Contact Us

North, South, East or West. Wherever you are, we’ve got you covered. Contact us today for an informal chat, without obligation. We look forward to hearing from you.

South Devon:
01803 213251

01392 274006

North Devon:
01271 342268

Contact Us

    I give Wollens consent to add me to their mailing list

    Read our Privacy Policy HERE