Court of protection
There may come a time when a family member or a friend may lose the mental capacity required to make important decisions regarding their finances, property, or health and welfare decisions. We understand the pressure this can put on family and friends, which is why our dedicated team of court of protection solicitors can help guide you through this difficult and emotional situation every step of the way. The result so that someone becomes legally accountable and responsible for making decisions about these matters. Getting the right legal framework in place means that the individual’s finances and property can be properly managed in their best interests, and any health or welfare decisions can be made by the most appropriate person.
If you are concerned about yourself or someone else managing an incapacitated person’s affairs, or about people managing your own affairs, we can help with:
- Appointing a deputy or acting as a deputy
- Removing inappropriate or ineffective attorneys or deputies
- Supporting deputies and attorneys to act within the legal framework
- Creating lasting powers of attorney or registering existing enduring powers of attorney
- Applications to the Court of Protection to make statutory wills, lifetime gifts and creating and managing trusts and trustees
- Setting up and helping to manage personal injury award trusts, including those for children
- Acting for the incapable individual or the applicant in Court of Protection health and welfare disputes
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) challenges or reviews
In 2017 we received the Law Society’s prestigious Excellence in Private Client Practice award for our work in this area of law.
We offer fixed-fee packages and other pricing options to suit your needs and are happy to have an initial chat without obligation – contact us today.
Get in touch
Wollens understand your right to privacy and, as the data controller, is committed to protecting it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Find out more about how we will use your data here