loading icon

Child maintenance

Home » Services » Family law » Child maintenance

When a relationship breaks down and there are children in the picture, you will need to reach an agreement with your ex-partner to make sure they are fully supported financially. 

The calculation of child maintenance is based on the gross income of the payer. 

If you are unable to reach an agreement on the level of child maintenance, you will need to make an application to the Child Maintenance Service for an assessment. 

Helpful Links 



We will help you understand your obligations or your entitlement to child maintenance and help you come to an amicable agreement with your ex-partner.  Failing that, we will support you through the legal process of securing child maintenance in the courts. 

You may also be entitled to an income award, lump sum payment or transfer of property for your children’s benefit. This is known as a Schedule 1  Children Act 1989 claim and we recommend you seek legal advice regarding this. 

Get in touch

Wollens understand your right to privacy and, as the data controller, is committed to protecting it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. 
Find out more about how we will use your data here

I give Wollens consent to add me to their mailing list